Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Top Ten Tips for Blogging

My friend was asking me how I became a "famous" blogger. First of all, I am not famous. But I do really like to blog about Wizard101, and looking at the number of followers I have, people like to read my blog. Now I can't give you "get famous quick" answer, I don't think there is one, but I can give you some tips that I think make a really great blog.

1. Write about what you love. Nothing is more important.

2. Read other blogs. Reading makes you a better writer. You learn first hand the "Do's and Don'ts" of blogging.

3. Comment on other peoples blogs. Everyone loves getting comments. Spread the love.

4. Use lots of pictures! For my guide on how to take really nice ones click here!

5. Use spell check. There's no shame in using spell check! It won't always be right, but it will cut down on common mistakes.

6. Reply to comments on your blog. Encourage conversation.

7. Update your template. Not all the time, but a change every once and while is a lot of fun. Just make sure it's easy to read!

8. Be positive. Try to see possibilities <~ this is easier said than done, however and I am constantly reminding myself to "BE HAPPY OR SHUT UP!" (just kiddin' ;D)

9. Mention and link others. Linking is a great way of showing respect for your favorite blogs.

10. Relax. First and foremost you should be having fun!

Wash, rinse, repeat!
~Heather

P.S. Wanna know a secret? I have a blog pet-peeve. Music that automatically plays. I hate it! I can't read and listen to it at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
~Heather