Friday, August 27, 2010

One Hits: a Tweak

Bosses. They have a lot of health. It can be hard to kill them sometimes.
And if you want to farm one with a lot of heath it's darn near impossible!
Take the Jade Oni for example. He drops some nice loot, but he has 7,500 health.
But you can kill him in under ten minutes. It's true! The very lovely Sierra Starsong introduced me to this strategy a while back, and when ever I farm the Jade Oni this is the way I do it.
Here's a link to Sierra's guide (look at her's first then come back and learn the tweaks!), which was a launch pad for a bunch of tweaks and experimentation.
(Helping me demonstrate today is my Life friend Jared.)
I didn't mess too much with the life deck. Why fix it if it ain't broke?
Life Deck
I did fuss I bit with the balance deck. Since Victoria was wearing her Malistaire coat, she didn't need another attack card in her deck. I substituted Locust Swarm with Satyr so she can heal up Jared for the next round of farming. Then I just added wearing a pet to the equation. Since Jared doesn't have his Malistare coat yet, he wasn't as powerful as he could be, which ended up in a lot near misses. So I put on my Hero Pig which gives me a Dragonblade card. It made all the difference in the world! Any pet that gives you an extra blade will work, you could use treasure cards but they're pricey and I don't recommend them. If you do have your Malistaire coat, you probably don't need the extra blade, unless you like really big numbers.

Balance Deck
This strategy will work for practically any boss and any school. Here's an example: for fire use Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap, Fire Blade, Fire Trap, Fire Prism and Helephant.
The only thing that you have to remember is to let the person with the prism into the battle first.

Other than that, it's pretty simple. It sure is a whole lot faster than a bunch of people randomly doing spells.
Here's our highest hit today:
Muahahaha. And you thought Life was weak...
Victoria/Heather

1 comment:

  1. Nice damage - I have the same small deck/lots of traps strategy for my storm wizard and it takes about 5 minutes or so solo, never a loss :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
~Heather