Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Ballot

As the season gets crisper and the smell of fall is in the air, the students of Ravenwood start thinking of the fall student teacher elections, and the new student body president elections.
Some people are quick to nominate themselves and their closest friends and favorite bloggers, and others like to wait until closer to nominate and try not to leave out any of their friends.
I love this time of year. I love to see how people react under pressure.
How do they promote themselves? What do they said to sway the voters?
It's almost as fun as running!

Which leads me into my main point. This spring/summer when I, ahem, lost, I swore vengeance and a crushing victory in the fall!
Well folks, I regret to say that this fall I will not be running for Student Teacher or Student Body President.
I do, however have a few good reasons why that I thought you'd like to know.
My main reason is school and campaigning don't mix. Yeah, I feel like right now I have to focus on my school work and I wouldn't be able to give the election the attention I want to. Because I am very serious about having a blast with it!
A couple other reasons are due to the fact that Mr. Wolf Redfist, who runs the elections, changed the rules this fall.
First off if elected as a Student Teacher, you have to be a moderator for the school forum on Diary of a Wizard and you must write a guide for your school. Well I think that's fine and dandy, but again, I don't have the time to do that sort of thing right now.
And finally, and I think most important, you have to be a grandmaster in order to run for Student Teacher and Student Body President. Of course I'm not effected by that rule, but I am not really keen on it. Why do they have to be a grand? I know some really awesome players who are not grand masters who I would vote for over a ton of grandmasters. I can name two right off the bat. Destiny and Jessica. Why can't they be nominated? I want everyone to be a part of the fun!

Well okay thanks for listening, or reading really, my big long explaination.
Remember...
DON'T vote for Heather! :D
~Heather


3 comments:

  1. Nice poster! :)

    I don't think I'll be running anymore. Maybe a bit of support and poster creating. It's just a big popularity contest. Friends will vote for friends, people who don't have friends that are running vote for whoever is most famous, and those who are clueless will vote for someone random.

    I think there should be better rules, so it isn't much of popularity contest anymore. For example, during your term you have to do something special for your school or the community. It doesn't have to be big, or public, but do something nice that benefits the community. It can't be something bought, or just done to your friends. Maybe helping random people around the Spiral? Pointing them on their way? Helping another blogger with their blog while they're away. I think student teachers should do more than sit there and brag to their friends about how they got to be student teacher.
    It's not fair for someone who actually wanted to do something for the community to be beaten by someone who was popular and just wanted the spot for bragging rights or such.

    My 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Jessica! Have fun in IRL school Heather, and maybe you'll win in the next one ;D. Who beat you last Spring anyway, Mythspent? lol. ( Before I started blogging, I listed you as the M.I.C - Most Important Conjurer

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica: I agree with you 100%! That's why I want to wait and have time to devote myself to being a candidate who actually *does* something! :)

    Arlen: It's not a question of maybe, I will win next time! ;)
    Ronan Ravenshard, who is really cool, beat me.
    Aww, thanks man! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
~Heather