Monday, July 26, 2010

Buggy Buggy

Let's talk about Celestia a bit.
It's underwater.
Which makes no sense, Celestia(l) should be in the heavens, you know stars and all that good stuff.
But okay underwater, which kinda works because Sailors use stars to navigate.
So then we are looking at the enemies in the pre-quests and they are BUGS! What in the heck? Not crustaceans, bugs. Bugs don't live underwater. They just don't.
What's up with KI? I know you guys want to be like Pixar but those were three different movies. Not all in the same one.

It's all starting to feel a bit Doctor Who.
Not that I have anything against Doctor Who! On the contrary, I love it! (But I highly doubt that David Tenant will be making an appearance in Celestia.) Plus this isn't a Sci-Fi MMO, it's fantasy! I think someone is starting to mix their genres.

And I am very confused and slightly grossed out. I don't like bugs. Nope. I'm starting to have an Indy moment, "Bugs. Why did it have to be bugs?"
~Heather

8 comments:

  1. Paul Legend WeaverJuly 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

    I love doctor who too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of all the bugs in the world, they had to pick SPIDERS? They really like taking me out of my comfort zone don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celestia, is similar to Atlantis the lost sunken city in the world. What's so wrong with that Heather? Don't you think it's awesome that KI is doing this?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Malorn: There's nothing wrong with Atlantis. I'm all for it!

    But what's up with all this other junk is what I want to know. I mean, come on, who ever heard of spiders underwater?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually Heather I have heard of spiders underwater and I know for certain is a a species that lives underwater called a Diving bell spider thank goodness for the discovery channel :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doctor Who! YAY! You made a reference to my favo(u)rite TV show of all time! :D (David Tennant in Celestia... That would be awesome.)

    I agree with you about the Celestia thing though - I was kinda disappointed that it was going to be underwater, because, although I like water, and that's all cool, like you, I envisioned Celestia as a starry sky-ish place, what with the whole "celestial" roots and such... And though I guess there probably are species of spider underwater, being a little magus, I hadn't looked at the prequests yet, and so I was a little surprised about bugs.

    I mean, whoa, KI. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you think about it they already mixed with marleybone, science and magic, yet they still had it work out alright

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
~Heather