Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's Thriller Time

Well Halloween is upon us. A time when two of the scariest monsters roam the streets. Ghosts and Candy-Hungry-Small-Children. Terrifying! If you're like me and you're too old, or just too cool, to face the night, why not stay in and get spooked instead? I love mysteries, and thrillers, so I take the time every Halloween to get jumpy and watch some of my favorite spooky movies. I humbly submit a list of good movies to get you in the Halloween mood.
  • The Black Cat
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Sherlock Holmes: the Spider Woman
  • Arsenic and Old Lace
  • Charade
  • Hitchcock, any Hitchcock (some of my favorites are, North by Northwest, The Man Who Knew Too Much, The 39 Steps, Rear Window, Strangers on a Train, and Notorious.)
  • A good classic Film Noir (Key Largo, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, any Bogart and Bacall would do nicely.)
  • Murder on the Orient Express
  • Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
Disclaimer: While all these movies are generally "age appropriate", they are designed for more sophisticated audience. (With the exception of Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.) What I'm trying to get at is if you have over-protective parents, which some of you do there's no shame in it, check with them first. Get it? Got it. Good.

Whatever you're doing this Halloween, have a (safe!) fun time! I hope you all get loads of loot. :)
~Heather

2 comments:

  1. Lol another very scary monster that's roaming the streets is the group of prank-happy teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we don't have privys (that could be tipped over) anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
~Heather