Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer Reading

Finally we are seeing some of that awesome summer weather. Well that got me thinking about beaches, and sunscreen, and ice-cream, and cold sodas, and lazy days. And books! I love a good summer read, don't you? I thought I'd share some of my favorite books with you. Be forewarned I love mysteries, so if you're not into that you'll probably not like what I've suggested. Also, some of these are young people novels but some are adult (but looking at young people novels these days you probably couldn't tell the difference anyway!). Ready? "Allons-y!"

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

One of the most famous detectives of all time; a great collection of Sherlock's tales.

The Séance by Inian Lawrence
There's murder and trickery are afoot when Houdini comes to town. One of my favorite mystery/thrillers.

The Princess Tales by Gail Carson Levine
Everyone loves a mixed up fairy tale right? Well these are some of the best.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Oh Narnia. I love that magical world. I grew up reading these books, and Wardrobe is my all time favorite.

A Long Way From Chicago by Richard Peck
This is my favorite book on my bookshelf. Short-stories about two kids' adventures with their kooky grandma in depression era rural Illinois. I read these over, and over, and over!

The Crime at Black Dudley by Margery Allingham
This book was written in1929, and boy does it sound like it. Murder, intrigue, a daring escape! One of my new favorite detectives, Albert Campion (known to be a pseudonym) makes his first sparkling appearance.

How to Be Lovely: The Audrey Hepburn Way of Life by Melissa Hellstern
I got this book for my birthday. A lovely view at the life of Audrey, and full of lovely pictures

~Heather

2 comments:

  1. Allonsy Alonzo! You know Doctor Who? Man, I love that show. Speaking of it, it's on tonight!
    You like reading, too? I love reading. I know some of the books you mentioned. Oh, could you add me to your blog roll? www.theheroicpyromancer.blogspot.com Thanks-Thunderblade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? I am a HUGE Who fan! I wish I could watch it but I don't have that station in my cable package. *sob*
    Yep, I like reading.
    Done.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
~Heather