Saturday, May 8, 2010

Books, Books, Books

So my friend Kestrel, wrote a list of books for summer reading over here: http://shadowthistleschool.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-reading.html
I liked her list, and it has inspired me to share my own!

Here are some books I suggest:
Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Farris
Click* by Almond, Colfer, Doyle, Ellis, Hornby, Lanagan, Maguire, Ozeki, Park, and Wynne-Jones
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes* by Sir Aruthr Conan-Doyle
The Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keen
The Séance* by Inian Lawrence
The Princess Tales by Gail Carson Levine
The Blossom Clup books by Richard Peck
A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
A Diary of a Provincial Lady* by E. M. Delafield
The Sherlock Holmes Handbook by Ransom Riggs
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
* = maybe for the older end of readers.

Here are the books I want to read this summer:
The rest of the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle
Anna Karenina* Leo Tolstoy
Gone with the Wind* by Margret Mitchell
The Scarlet Pimpernel* by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
Some stories by Edgar Allen Poe
The Provincial Lady Goes Further by E. M. Delafield
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Cary Grant: a biography by Marc Eliot
* = As if. You are never going to get through that Heather.

Yup, I need to start reading!
~Heather
Madame Librarian

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, thats going to help me expand my libray. Anyways, on the friendlist link, my new URL is:
    http://superawesomewizard101people.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber: Okay, I updated it! Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
~Heather