Monday, May 17, 2010

Hard Times

Times are hard. Yep, they are. I just realised, that this summer is going to be really different for me and a lot of other people. I can't/don't want to spend a lot of money this summer. I'm starting to think of Wizard101 as a real treat. But I'm not going to let that limit me, no sir! I made list of ten free things to do this summer for oodles of fun!
  1. Go to your local library. Your library is a never ending source of fun. It's full of books, music, videos, and games. My library system has tons of free activities for young people during the summer, check out your branch! You might find something really fun.
  2. Sleep. I love sleep, and I hope to catch up on a lot this summer! ;)
  3. Go to the park. Parks are amazing, and they can have lots of free events. Grab a Frisbee or a jump-rope, and go explore.
  4. Play in your backyard. (if you have one,) It's so good for you to be outside, so enjoy the wonders of your own backyard! Play with a soccer ball, dance to some music, or just read a book.
  5. Volunteer. It's a great way to help out. Animal shelters, libraries, parks, theatres, all need volunteers. I volunteer at a theatre and I get to see shows for free! It's a great way to learn a lot about an area you're interested in.
  6. Take a writing class at 826. I love my local 826! 826 provides free writing classes to young people, and they tutor writing too. They are fantastic and creative. To learn more and find your local 826 click here.
  7. Work in your garden. (again, if you have one,) Gardening is a great source of exercise. Plus you parents and neighbors will love you.
  8. Write a story. All you need is your imagination. I love to write.
  9. Read. It's so wonderful for you. Go to you're local library, or if you have a kindle, there are loads of free books and plays you can download. There is a ton of great literature available for free on the Internet. Broaden your mind! Together we can see into the future! Oh whoops... that's a movie.
  10. Go to a museum. Lots of museums have free entrance days. You can explore time itself by letting your mind roam through the ages, as you walk through the museum halls. Also it might be air conditioned!

Well, that's my list. Looks like a lot of fun to me! :)
~Heather

2 comments:

  1. 1. I don't have anything local for like a 10 mile radius, but if I get a chance I'd live (ok, 30 min) in B&N.
    2. how are you supposed to do anything else?
    3. No park for a 30 mile radius (I live far away from everything)
    4. Totally, you'll see me doing that, (chances of you actually seeing me, quite slim)
    5. Yep. To load and unload the dishwasher.
    6. REALLY!!?? I have to check that out
    7. And getting all thoes creepy crawly things getting up your arms and legs, no sir. (sry, I am extraemly afraid of bugs and anytihg smaller than a pencil eraser)
    8. Already doing that. Plan to finish is this summer. hopefully
    9. I'll do that as much as I write, about 75% of my time.
    10. I'd have to go to another state. Or drive for over an hour

    Over all, good list, I better write that stuff down.
    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
~Heather